Project Period: 1st May, 2019 – 2021
Project funded by: Vattikuti India Foundation (VIF)
About the Project:
RGVN has initiated a weaving based Livelihood programme named- “Rupantar-Transforming Lives” in 3 districts of Assam namely Nalbari, Darrang and Morigaon.
Objective: The overall objective of the project is to provide poverty alleviation assistance to the financially distressed households in the three districts of Assam and also aims to enhance their livelihood focusing mainly on the development of the weavers who are interested and willing to participate and thus contributing towards sustainable well-being and economic empowerment.
RGVN has completed 1 year of project implementation and have engaged in the following activities till now:
- Training imparted to 1430 beneficiaries so far.
- Yarn given to 1430 weavers and also handholding done where ever required.
- It’s an ongoing activity to guide the weavers on product design, raw materials and market linkage for their produce.
- Due to the spread of pandemic, some of the beneficiaries have also produced face masks. For the sale of the product, market linkages have been established through various shops and government orders. Over 1600 masks have been sold and the financial benefits have been passed on to these beneficiaries.
- Imparting Financial Literacy to the beneficiaries.