Project Period: 24th April, 2019 – till date
Project funded by: Debasish Choudhury, USA ; Krishna Sarma, Corporate Law Group
About the project:
Under the Senior Citizen Project, 40 H/H survey was done to find out the issues of senior citizens who are living alone or with their families in the area of Rajgarh. Thus, the Hello & Milo project was conceived.
Objective: To develop a model of assistance services for senior citizens who are staying alone or with their families at their own home. Some activities involved are:
- Home visit and telephonic information collection regarding their health.
- Once in a week Yoga practice in the evening after 5.30p.m (Wednesday).
- Once in a week Adda sessions (get-together, recreation, and singing) at RGVN premises (Wednesday from5.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.)
- Whatsapp group for sharing information.
- Senior citizen club formation (under RGVN)
- 15 senior citizens come regularly to the senior citizen club.
- Weekly yoga practice along with RGVN members.
- Members are contributing registration and monthly fees from the month of July 2019.
- 3 senior lady citizens have also joined.