Project Period: February 1, 2020 – till date
Project funded by: ITC Ltd., Kolkata
About the project:
This is a new project started in the Rampur area of Kamrup (R) on the 1st of February, 2020. It is a project under ITC and implemented by Rashtriya Gramin Vikash Nidhi (RGVN). The project area consists of seven gram panchayats under two blocks namely Rampur and Chhaygaon block.
Objective: The main objective of this project is to identify the major crops in the area and set up Farmer Field Schools (FFS) by selecting potential farmers in order to enhance the income of the farmers by at least 10-15 %. The potential farmers need to cultivate the crops using recommended package of practices.
- Stage wise trainings, leaflets, modules etc are provided to the farmers from time to time. Every FFS has 25 members out of which one member is considered as the lead farmer and the rest 24 are the student farmers who need to replicate the same in their fields.
- Cultivation of Jaati bamboo and providing the farmers with suitable market are important activities.
- Scaling Up Sustainable Intensification (SUSI) programme which involves providing active SHGs with revolving loans for developing piggery, fishery, goatery or vegetable garden.
- Till date ridge gourd and okra seeds, pesticides, fungicides and traps have been supplied to the farmers and many trainings have already been given in the fields.
- Nearly 500 farmers have certainly availed benefits under the project. The members are also trying their best to link the farmers with the government schemes so that farmers are able to derive benefit out of it.