Project Period: 2015 – 2020
Project funded by: CRISIL Foundation (which was set up as a public charitable trust, to fulfill the corporate social responsibility of CRISIL Ltd.)
About the Project:
“Moi Pragati” is a Financial Inclusion Programme funded by CRISIL Foundation and implemented by RGVN. The main focus of the programme was to reach out to rural women organized into Self Help Groups (SHGs) with the aim of enabling each woman with a larger sense of control over her finances through three simple steps.
- A greater sense of control over expenses within her circle of influence.
- Greater control over savings.
- Greater control over making financial decisions.
Areas of Operation: Barpeta, Darrang, Goalpara, Kamrup, Morigaon & Nalbari
- To promote financial inclusion of 1,00,000 women in 9 blocks of 6 districts in 3 years.
- To promote the Sakhis/Field level volunteers as a Rural Financial Advisor by providing handholding and training through an income generating model.
- To provide financial advice and assistance in linking the beneficiaries with financial schemes and services.
- To strengthen community level institutions.
- To promote rural livelihood.
- The Sakhis are the main pillars of the “Moi Pragati”, Phase-2 programme and hence are given all possible training and assistance.
- Each Sakhi is guided by a Field Officer (FO) who acts as a mentor for the Sakhis and are continuously provided guidance and handholding.
- Monthly meetings are being conducted in the district offices where the Sakhis are given training on the new schemes and services. They are also given opportunities to share their experiences among the other fellow Sakhis in these meetings.
- Each Sakhi is provided with a diary where they record their daily activity and the amount of revenue they have earned.
- In order to enhance the professionalism and strengthen the Sakhis in various digital platform for learning, application-based training modules with personal IDs have been introduced in the programme so that Sakhis can refresh their financial knowledge at any time and keep themselves updated with the latest schemes and services.