Project Period: 2019-2022
Project funded by: Azim Premji Philantropic Initiatives (APPI)
About the Project:
This project initiated by RGVN is a poverty alleviation programme in Morigaon district of Assam called “Promoting Farmer Collectives & Improving Resilience of Vulnerable Communities”. Its chief focus is capacity building of 2200 small and marginal farmers to facilitate adoption of improved, simple, affordable, acceptable, and environment friendly agricultural package of practices to attain rapid growth in farms, enabling them to improve food and nutrition security.
- 220 groups have been formed under the project from 12th to 22nd September 2019.
- A two day workshop was organized for LSPs for introducing the concept and principles of LSP model on 15th& 16th October 2019.
- A three day (9th, 12th& 15th November 2019) capacity building workshop was organized for Local Service Providers (LSPs) engaged under RGVN-KKS project in Morigaon Area Office.
- 895 group meetings were organized in the reporting period. As per records, 220 numbers of meetings facilitated in the groups for forming groups, 414 numbers of meetings organized for creating awareness on group savings, 535 number of meetings organized for providing training on book/ record keeping and 141 numbers of meetings organized for discussing about collective farming activity.
- 252 beneficiary households were identified in November for demonstrating SRI techniques in the ensuing Boro season (Jan to May 2020).
- 253 beneficiary households were identified in December for demonstrating vermicomposting technique in the ensuing vegetable cultivation season in summer (Mar to May 2020).
- 18 numbers of technical sessions on SRI practices were imparted in groups by expert LSPs from RGVN-KKS project in December in which 252 household participated.
- 17 numbers of Farmers Field Days (FFD) were organized on vermicomposting technique in the groups by expert LSPs from RGVN-KKS project in December in which 253 households participated.