Project Period: June 2019 – till date
Project Issuer: Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Assam
About the Project:
A project of type studies for updating rates and ratios used in GSDP estimation for subsistence fishing.
The purpose of the study is to provide updated rates and ratios used in Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) estimation for subsistence fishing to that of total fishing production. Accordingly, the following objectives have been set for the study:
- To compute the rates in terms of quantity of subsistence fishing as a percentage of total production of fishing.
- To compute the rates in terms of value of subsistence fishing as a percentage of total production of fishing.
- To highlight the related economic impact of subsistence fishing in terms of output and employment in the state of Assam.
- The activities mainly include study survey in 9 sampled districts of Assam.
- It also includes both household survey (to estimate subsistence fishing production) and enterprise survey (to estimate the overall fish production) in the state.