Project Period: 2018-2023
Project funded by: Kindernotehilfe, Germany
About the Project: The project is about children taking charge and building community awareness and conscientization for their protection. Area: Byrnihat – 10 villages (6 villages in Meghalaya and 4 in Assam)
- A cleaner environment
- Reduction in school drop-out of children
- Prevention of child labour and sexual abuse
- Cessation of abuse of harmful intoxicants.
- Construction of dustbin and distribution of 180 waste bins in three villages and also organize awareness on waste management system.
- Basic computer training for 51 students.
- Interactive meetings held between the child clubs and factory owners.
- Candle making training for the IAROILANG SHG members in Umling.
- Construction of two dustbins completed in Hograpara and Bortandu villages respectively for throwing wastages and develop a system to select a person to collect the wastage from the central dustbin and dispose them in a safe place.
- Children day celebration was organized in Byrnihat. Children and parents from different villages participated in a peace procession showcasing protection of environment.
- A health camp and an awareness programme on waste management were organized in Nongthymmai on the 11th December 2019.
- Healthy competitions amongst children.
- Network building with factory owners, government agencies, elected representatives and village authorities.
- Awareness programmes on Right To Education (RTE), environment preservation and substance abuse.
- Mentoring of SBI fellow in Byrnihat.
- Training on beautician and wellness.